Summer Fasolakia~ Greek Style Summer Beans
Hello beautiful Wednesday! I am sharing with you a FAVORITE Greek summer dish that I have been making for years. Fasolakia lathera as we call it in Greek. Basically translates to Greek summer beans baked in an olive oil and tomato sauce. Typically you would serve this with feta and bread. We just bought tons of yummy green beans from the farmers market and I had to make my favorite Greek dish. I hope you enjoy and let me know in the comments if you have made this before. 😉
Summer Fasolakia Recipe
- 1/2 cup of Greek olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 pound of green beans
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt (available in our online store.)
- Fresh pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil inside the pan and place over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, parsley, and potatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Next add the green beans and saute for 4 minutes.
- Place tomato, honey, vegetable stock, and water inside pan covered with lid. Let mixture come to a boil and turn heat down to medium. Cook for 25 minutes, then add the seasonings. Let the mixture cook an additional 15 minutes uncovered. (Your cooking time will range according to what heat source you are using.)
- Serve with crumbled feta and fresh dill.