Super Moist Beet Brownies
Happy Saturday foodies!! Lets kick start this weekend and enjoy a very delicious NEW chocolate recipe. This would be the perfect recipe to celebrate Mother’s day!!
I have been obsessing over beets for a very long time and finally I had the chance to share two of my FAVORITE savory and sweet beet recipes.
When you combine chocolate and beets in to one recipe it is simply amazing! I know you are probably thinking this sounds so weird beet brownies, but I am telling you this has been by far my families favorite brownies!! I have made traditional brownies, white chocolate, spicy, and plenty others and this recipe kills them! Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. (Even my three year old nephew couldn’t stop eating them.)
Super Moist Beet Brownies Recipe
One of the tastiest BROWNIE recipes ever!!!
- 2 small beets (1 cup of beet puree)
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup of organic sugar
- 3/4 cup of Hershey special cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3/4 all purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Optional: Pecans or walnuts
- Place beets inside foil, making sure to cover them. Place beets on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for approximately an hour. (If you already have cooked beets then use those.)
- Roast the beets until they are tender, and then remove from the oven. Let cool then remove the skins. Puree the beets and the buttermilk together in a food processor. You will blend until the mixture is smooth. Set mixture aside in a small bowl.
Prepare brownie batter-
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. I like to slightly brown my butter to give it some flavor. Once the butter has fully melted add the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix to combine then remove from the heat. (The mixture might be thick and grainy and that is okay.)
- In a large bowl beat the eggs together until light. Quickly add the eggs to the cocoa sugar mixture and mix to combine. Add the beet puree and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together on parchment paper. Add the flour to the wet mixture and make sure to fold a few times until combined. (Make sure not to over mix the batter.) You can add the nuts in with the wet mixture if you are using them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the batter into a 8 x 8 baking dish. I like my brownies to be on the thicker side so I tend to use a smaller baking dish. Place baking dish on middle rack in oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and then serve with fresh fruit or ice cream. You can store the brownies in between wax paper sheets and store in sealed container.
What a great Idea to use beets. 💕
Thank you very much! It is one of my new favorite brownie recipes. 🙂
I need those in my life right now 😄😋💕
I want to send you some to try! 🙂
Oh wow delicious 😋
Thank you sweets!