Greek Style Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Happy Friday friends!
This recipe was highly requested by Antonia on Instagram! I am always happy to fulfill recipe requests, and to be honest this is one of my favorite chicken recipes! I hope you all have a beautiful Friday and weekend to come. 🙂
Delicious chicken, lemon rice pilaf, and zucchini tomato saute.
Greek Style Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of Fage Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of almond milk (you can use any milk of your choice)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch with 1 tablespoon of water
- Serve with chopped parsley & lemon slices
- In a large bowl combine the honey, mustard, chicken broth, and whisk to combine. Add the garlic, oregano, paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Marinate the chicken in this sauce for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Then prepare a big pan on the medium heat with olive oil. Place chicken breasts inside the pan and sear for a few minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Place the marinade in the pan over medium heat and cook for about 1 minute until sauce begins to thicken and then add yogurt, and almond milk and reduce heat. (Season a bit more if needed.) Stir to combine in the pan.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water together in a paste. Then whisk into the sauce.
- Place chicken back in the pan with the sauce, and cook the chicken through until done.
- Remove from heat and serve with parsley and lemon.