New Week- Wellness Drinks
Happy Monday to you!
On today’s blog, we are talking about superfood drinks to keep you fresh and energized during these hot summer days.
Often times I forget to include my superfoods in my daily diet. Perhaps I may have had too much caffeine, or I didn’t drink enough water, or I didn’t have enough veggies? Either way, I am trying to get back to a healthy diet. I started a new health & wellness section a few months back and I got really good feedback from it. I know most of us are tired these days because of everything we have dealt with during the pandemic. So, I thought why not share two of my lift me up wellness drinks with you? These ingredients are pretty common in our kitchen, and I think the drinks are so simple to whip up. Enjoy & do let me know what you think?
Wellness Drinks (Mint & Lemon Water) & (Beet Ginger Juice) Recipes
Mint & Lemon Water Tonic Recipe
Why mint and lemon tonic? Lemon is really good to flush out toxins, a great anti-aging ingredient, and it is a good digestive aid! For someone who suffered from a kidney stone, I always add lemon to my water to prevent any kid stones from building up again. Mint is a beautiful herb with so many benefits but just a few are; good digestive, and helps with skin inflammation.
- 1 quart of filtered water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- A handful of fresh mint
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher and then chill so the flavors combine. Serve with a handful of crushed ice and fresh mint and lemon slices.
- Tips: You can make this with sparkling water too! Add in lemon or lime.
Moving on to the tasty and colorful beet juice drink! Can I just say I ALWAYS enjoy photographing beets? I actually enjoy it so much that I have another beet recipe coming up this week.
Beet Ginger Lemon Juice Recipe
Beets are absolutely an amazing superfood! The benefits are very long and wide, but I will list just a few for you. Improving blood pressure, protecting the liver, packed with nutrients, and reducing inflammation.
Beet juice is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! Some of them include copper, zink, and folate. You can read more on beets and their benefits here.
- 5 beets cooked, cut, and diced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- Half of a lemon (juiced)
- Prepare the cooked beets, apple, and ginger.
- Place all ingredients into a juicer or blender. I prefer my juicer but whatever you have available works. Blend until smooth.
- I like to chill my liquid before consumption, so I place juice inside a sealed container and let it chill for about 1 hour.
- Serve over ice!
**Please note that beets can dye your hands and countertops so be careful. Do keep in mind that beets can dye your urine, so don’t be alarmed when you see a darker color in your urine or stool.
I hope you enjoyed this fun wellness post! Please do let me know if you try the recipes. 🙂
Thank you so much for the kind comments!!
Thank you so much!
Thank you very much!!