They are here… Try the TOP RECIPES from the winners of The Re Make a Recipe at Kouzounas Kitchen.
* Would you like to surprise a loved one and make a great appetizer or even a nice dessert? See below for some yummy recipes. 🙂
1. Kellie Foglio’s Recipe-
Born Again Beef Bundle Recipe:
1 1/2 cups bulgur wheat
1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
Cover bulgur with boiling water and let sit 30 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Add the cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, olives, pine nuts, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chill in the fridge
2 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cabbage Roll Ingredients:
Filling for cabbage:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp. sweet paprika
½ tsp. oregano
½ tsp. dill
Salt and pepper
1 ½ cups bulgur salad
1 can chunky style tomato soup
Heat a large pot of water to boil
Preheat over to 350F
Remove core of cabbage and boil, removing layers of cabbage to cool every couple of minutes until you’ve worked through the head.
Mix filling ingredients and fill each leaf with a TBS or 2 of filling (depending on the leaf size)
Lay in a large glass pan
Cover with tomato soup
Bake 1 hour.
2. Darlene Buerger’s Recipe
Sweet Honey and Citrus Baklava
1-8oz roll phyllo dough, thawed
½ cup butter, melted
1½ cups walnuts, chopped
1 cup graham crackers, chopped
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon orange zest
1/2 cup honey
¼ cup water
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon lemon
¼ cup orange juice
1) Unroll phyllo and place single sheet in 9×14 baking pan. Brush with butter and repeat until you have 5 layers.
2) Combine walnuts and graham crackers and zest. Spread 1/3 of the mixture on top of phyllo. Repeat layering until you have 5 more layers. Top with 1/3 of walnut mixture.
3) Layer 5 more sheets of phyllo and butter and top with remaining walnut mixture.
4) Layer 5 more sheets of phyllo and butter. Brush top with butter. Score baklava into diamond or square shapes. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
5) While phyllo is baking combine honey, water, sugar, cinnamon, lemon and orange juice. Simmer over low heat (about 5 to 8 minutes) until sauce reduces and starts to thicken. (Stir sauce to keep it from burning) Pour cooled sauce over baked baklava. Allow to set overnight.
3. Hidemi Walsh Recipe-
Healthy Moussaka Pie
1 lb. 95% Lean Ground Beef
1/2 Medium Onion
4 oz. White Mushroom
4 tablespoons Whole Grain Brown Rice
1/2 cup Beef Broth
1 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
2 Large Eggs
2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
4 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Mince onion and mushroom.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, mushroom, rice and beef broth. Spoon the mixture into lightly greased 9 inch pie pan and bake for 23-25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, in a bowl, beat eggs and add all-purpose flour and yogurt. Mix well.
5, when the meat pie has done, pour the yogurt mixture over the pie and sprinkle parmesan cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Thank you very much to the Top 3 winners! Great job & outstanding recipes. – Kouzounas Kitchen