I love cooking variations of omelettes. You can get super creative with it and have fun. Enjoy these ideas for your omelette.
Take your basic omelette recipe and add these great ideas in to it.
Basic Omelette recipe:
Use 2 eggs to make an omelet for one serving, 4 eggs to make an omelet for two.
Use a heavy 7- to 10-inch nonstick or well-seasoned skillet with low, sloping sides and a comfortable sturdy handle that won’t get hot. A small flexible spatula is essential; we like a heat-resistant rubber spatula.
Have the filling all prepared and warmed, if it was refrigerated. Don’t overstuff: figure 1/4 cup filling for a 2-egg omelet. The filling can be anything you think of. You can make sweet or savoury omelette as well.
1. shrimp, avocados, pepper jack cheese, bell peppers
2. Bacon, Swiss cheese and tomatoes
3. bell peppers, cheddar, cream cheese, ham
4. Spinach, feta, mushrooms, tomato, and fresh basil (My fav the Greek omelette)
5. Red peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes
6. Mushrooms, bell peppers and cheese
7. Jalapeños, spinach and bell pepper with salsa topping
8. Cheese, peppers, tomato, onion, squash
9. Onions and mushrooms
10. Crumbled bacon, diced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, diced onion and Cheddar
11. Swiss cheese and turkey bacon
12. Spinach, bacon and feta
13. Asparagus and cheese
14. Mashed potatoes, Cheddar cheese, green onion, veggie bacon and sour cream
15. Goat cheese, spinach and tomatoes
16. Red, yellow, green bell peppers, onion, parsley, tomatoes, arugula or spinach, chile peppers and goat cheese
17. Fresh basil
18. Leftover pizza toppings: spinach, mushrooms, prosciutto, olives, artichoke, peppers, broccoli
19. Spinach and ricotta
20. Onion, sweet corn, pepper, cheese
21. Soy chorizo and Cheddar
22. Crab and avocado
23. Chive, tomato and goat cheese
24. Smoked mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoe, basil pesto
25. Caramelised onion and spinach
26 Green chiles and feta
27. Artichoke hearts sautéed with garlic and seasoned goat cheese
28. Turkey, avocado and bacon.
29.Havarti and porabello mushrooms
30. Maple or apple chicken sausage, avocado, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet onion
31. Blue cheese, caramelised pear slices and toasted pecans
32.smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, dill, capers