The weekend is here….
Happy weekend to everyone and today is “Saturday’s Food For Thought.”
Saturday’s Food For Thought is Spinach!
Why did I choose spinach?? Read below about spinach and the health benefits it gives to us.
- Spinach is topped the highest rank in providing rich nutrients
- Did you know that a single cup of spinach will give you the adequate amount of Vitamin A and Vitamin K that you need. It will also provide you with folate and magnesium.
- Studies have shown that woman who eat spinach on a regular basis, have less chances of contracting breast cancer.
- You will be very happy to know that spinach helps with Cardiovascular Health.
- Spinach provides magnesium, and magnesium works towards healthy levels of blood pressure. Did you know, if you eat spinach for lunch or even a snack, it will help lower your blood pressure in a few hours?!
- We ladies will love this… Spinach has Vitamin A in it, as explained above. Vitamin A helps promote a healthier looking skin and it helps your skin to retain moisture. With that being said, your skin will fight against aging. Oh yesss!
So why not have a spinach salad or even a spinach wrap today? It’s worth a try.
Mediterranean Spinach Wrap Recipe:
1 tomato, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
4 tablespoons of tzatziki
1/3 cup of spinach
salt & pepper
On a plate, take a tortilla lay it open, and spread tzatiki on it, then layer the vegetables on top. Add the seasonings and lemon juice. Roll the tortilla up like a cigar. Cut in half and enjoy. Super easy to make and a healthy snack.
- Got Spinach? (foodsthathealyourlife.wordpress.com)
- The Health Benefits of Spinach (latinscientists.com)
- 30 spinach recipes for superfood meals (treehugger.com)
- Spinach & The Fight Against Cancer (jacquesorganicgarden.com)