I made some cookies for my cooking class tomorrow. I wanted to surprise my students with some lemon cookies. They are like kourambiethes but with lots of lemony goodness. 🙂
This recipe below is very easy to make an it goes great with coffee, tea or just as a midnight snack. ~Enjoy~
Greek Butter Cookies With A Touch Of lemon Recipe-
- 1 cup of butter- room temperature
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- *Confectioners sugar- sifted on top of cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 200 Celsius. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and egg and mix until smooth. (Works great in a kitchen-aid mixer.) Stir in the vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add the flour and mix to combine.
- Take about one teaspoon of dough and roll into logs or an S shape. Once cookies are shaped, bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and place on a cookie rack. Let them cool down, then dust confectioners sugar on top.