Thursday’s Featured Recipe Is:
I want to thank everyone who came out to the Mediterranean Cooking Class tonight. I taught a spanakopita class and Pampered Chef Cindy taught a dessert.
Thank you to Cindy for hosting this event and for everyone who made it out. I hope all of my students learned something and I read their comment cards, and everything was positive!! Great turn out and I will be posting the pictures tomorrow to this very blog. 🙂
We will be having more cooking classes, so please stay tuned. Maybe online classes? 🙂
Keep tuned in for the footage from this great event!!
The cooking class was a big hit!! Great job to everyone and can’t wait for the next.
I apologize for this being late, but here is Thursday’s Featured Recipe.
Thursday’s Featured Recipe-Hummus Pita Pockets
(This recipe is coming all the way from Switzerland!. Thank you to Stephanie for this tasty recipe.)
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chick peas
- 2 tsp of garlic- minced
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of green bell pepper- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pack of pita
- Bring the chick peas, garlic, and water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook for about a minute and then remove from the heat and and coarsely mash the chickpea mixture. Stir in the lemon juice, seasonings and cumin.
- Next, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pita bread with 1/2 cup hummus and the other half of cup with cucumber and tomato salad.