Fall Is almost here and so is tomato bisque.
How to make a yummy tomato bisque soup.
Fall is right around the corner and this soup would be perfect on a beautiful Fall evening. Super easy to make and very tasty.
We had over 3 bowls filled high with fresh tomatoes and I thought, hmm, what can I do with all of these?! Tomato bisque it is!!
Tomato Bisque Recipe:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1 cup chopped onion- chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (32 oz.) of fresh tomato juice or canned juice
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 18 oz. chicken broth (undiluted)
- Greek yogurt for the top
- sea salt & ground pepper
- Saute the onions and sugar with the butter in a medium saucepan. Add in the baking soda and then whisk to combine. Next add in the tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Once the broth is done, place basil inside the saucepan and let sit a few minutes. Once the broth is slightly cooled, place in batches, the broth inside a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and you can add a dollop of Greek yogurt to the top.
- Serve and enjoy.