And the featured recipe is….
Tonight we are featuring a local from Sacramento and my good friend Leilani. She loves to cook and her Fall soup sounds amazing! Check her recipe out below.
This is September’s last Featured Recipe Thursday. Get ready to place your votes starting tomorrow Friday the 27th!! Stay tuned in for voting. Congratulations to all the contestants!!
Fall Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 carrot- peeled and chopped
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup of red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup of black beans
- 2 tsp of white wine
- 2 1/2 cans of vegetable broth
- 1 fresh bunch of fresh basil
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 zucchini peeled and diced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Ground pepper & sea salt
- In a saucepan, sauté the olive oil, onion and garlic.
- In a large pot over medium heat add the vegetable broth, and the garlic and onion.
- Add in the celery, carrots, potato, and the tomato juice. Place over medium high heat, then reduce the heat to low and add the beans and zucchini.
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
- Add in the basil and mint and let sit for about 5 minutes. When ready to serve, add the fresh lemon juice and seasonings.
This sounds soo good that I will probably be making this tomorrow!!
Thank you Leilani!