Is everyone enjoying their Friday? What are your Friday cooking plans? I want to hear what you are cooking up this weekend.
What do you think of Friday Menu so far? Please submit your comments to the bottom of this page or send me a email at email@example.com
Friday Menu Features: Orange Broccoli Lavender Couscous
Orange Broccoli Lavender Couscous (Appetizer)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 1 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of broccoli, cut into small florets, blanched
- Combine the couscous with 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with 3/4 cups of boiling water. Cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the zest of one orange and the juice of both oranges. Add in lavender flowers, thyme, parsley, vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Whisk to combine the ingredients and add to couscous.
- Add the broccoli to the couscous and season with salt and pepper.
Lemon Halibut Recipe
( Main entrée)
- 4 6 ounce pieces of halibut
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot- finely sliced
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, thyme, olive oil, and salt.
- In a saucepan, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Season the halibut with salt and pepper on each side. Cook each side until opaque in color.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook until shallots are translucent. Remove from heat and drizzle with the lemon and thyme sauce.
Fruit & Honey ~Yiaourti me Meli~
(This is a dessert that is well known to be served in Greece. We love fruit and honey especially with Greek yogurt.)
- 1 cup of strained Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 2 apples- sliced
- 2 peaches- sliced
- optional: crushed walnuts
- dash of ground cinnamon
- Prepare the fruit by slicing the apples and peaches. Place each slice onto a plate by interchanging the both fruits.
- Place the yogurt in the middle of the plate and then drizzle with honey and cinnamon. Add the walnuts on top.
Have a lovely weekend!