I hope everyone survived their Thanksgiving meals. (My family & friends were very stuffed from a fabulous dinner made by myself, my mom, and sister.)
This post is dedicated to everyone who is in need of recipes from left over Thanksgiving food.
Thursday Featured Recipe
By: Christianne from Florida.
Turkey Chili Soup
- 4 cups of cooked turkey
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cans of white beans
- 6 tablespoons of butter unsalted
- 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of heavy cream
- Sea salt & ground pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add in the vegetables. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add in the cumin, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Add in the beans and a bit more salt.
6. Add in the turkey and simmer for an hour.
7. Melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat.
8. Whisk in the flour and cook the roux for about 2 minutes.
9. Pour in the milk and continue whisking until a thick paste forms, about 2-3 more minutes.
10. Add the roux to the chili and stir to combine.
11. Continue cooking the chili for about one hour over low heat.
12. Serve chili with fresh grated cheese.