Roasted Carrots In Today’s Menu
Good Friday to you all! Hello weekend.
If you are in need of some delicious and yummy recipes for this weekend, check out this menu below.
Friday Menu December 13th
Roasted Carrots With Marsala Sauce Recipe (Appetizer)
- 2 pounds of carrots- peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup of Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Place carrots on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, and seasonings.
- Drizzle the sauce over the carrots.
- Roast the carrots at 425 degrees or 220 Celsius.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until browned.
- Season lightly with fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley to garnish.
Polenta Lasagna Recipe (Main)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
- 2 cups of Alfredo sauce
- 1 tube of precooked polenta, cut into 24 slices
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cheese, peppers, and basil.
- Divide 4 tablespoons of the Alfredo sauce into 4 ramekins.
- Place 2 slices of polenta in each ramekin.
- Add more cheese onto the polenta in each ramekin.
- Then add 2 more slices of polenta in each ramekin.
- (Basically creating layers.)
- Spoon the remaining Alfredo into the ramekins.
- Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and microwave on high for about 12 minutes.
- (Yes I said microwave, and I am not a fan, but these are yummy and work great in the microwave.)
- Place a dollop of marinara sauce on top of each ramekin.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe (Dessert)
- 7 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 eggs, room temperature, separated
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Combine the chocolate and water in a heat proof bowl, set over a pot of simmering water. (Ban merie)
- Heat the chocolate until it is almost completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir the mixture until it is smooth.
- Set the mixture aside until it cools at room temperature.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attached, add in the egg whites and salt.
- Mix the ingredients on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites to the chocolate mixture.
- Fold GENTLY into the chocolate.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites, and make sure to fold gently.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins or custard cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 4 hours.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or fresh raspberries.