Cooking With Lavender
The aroma of lavender is just not enough. I want to taste it! My family owns a lavender company called Friends Of The Earth Lavender. We grow our own plants and produce organic oil and products. Check out our official store and website below.
Cooking With Lavender:
A few years ago I was asked how to make lavender creme brulee. My mom taught me the best recipe ever! I have to give credit to her. I must say her recipe is the best I have ever had. I will post the link below.
Lavender Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lavender sea salt
- Heat sugar, water, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, making sure to wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent crystals from forming, until medium amber, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add heavy cream.
- Next return to heat.
- Cook, stirring, until well combined.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter,and lavender sea salt.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain lavender.
*Store the sauce in a airtight container, in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 2 weeks.
Really good over ice cream, beverages, brownies, and plenty more.