Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient
Happy Sunday to ya’ll.
Sunday’s Crazy Ingredient is: Dark Chocolate
I always wanted to post this recipe, and never got the time to do it. Well here is one of my favorite cookie recipes. Share this with family and friends. 🙂
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips ( I like to purchase mine at whole foods.)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180 C.)
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Lower to medium speed and add the egg and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- On low, add the dry mix to the butter mix.
- Beat until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Bake until the centers are just set, about 12 minutes or so depending on oven temp.
- Cool and transfer on cookie rack.
Did you know Kouzounas Kitchen is in a contest?! Yes, we are in the Fed Ex Business Contest, and would love for you to please take the time to vote daily. (You can vote once a day until Feb 23.) We still have time to make the first round of winners. 🙂