~Featured Recipe Thursday~
Happy Thursday/Friday for everyone in different parts of the world. 🙂
I am featuring my very own recipe today. I wanted to share a healthy soup that goes great with anything.
Carrot & Lemon Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds of carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp powdered curry
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chives
- *Greek yogurt optional
- Place the olive oil in a medium saucepan, over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and carrots to the pan.
- Cook for several minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ginger, curry, and chicken stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until the carrots become tender.
- Add in the lemon juice and rind.
- Remove from heat, and transfer the liquid to a blender.
- Blend in batches, and making sure the liquid isn’t too hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve , top the soup off with fresh Greek yogurt and parsley.