Friday Menu: Stuffed Salmon, Greek Salad, and Lemon Mousse
Happy Friday, and Happy weekend!! If you are looking for a menu to prepare this weekend, then read below for 3 great recipes.
Appetizer: Greek Salad With Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin pieces
- 1 red, orange, or green bell pepper cut into thin pieces
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprinkle of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended.
- Season to taste.
- Prepare the vegetables and place in medium bowl.
- Add kalamata olives, and cheese to the top.
- Toss with dressing.
Main: Spinach Stuffed Salmon Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces spinach
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of fresh oregano
- Salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the spinach and lemon zest for 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the roasted peppers, basil, and garlic.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 180 C.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lightly grease the foil with olive oil.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in the side of each fillet.
- With a spoon fill each fillet with spinach and pepper filling.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- While using a pastry brush, spread the mustard over the fillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the fish.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until the fish is light in color and flaky.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice.
Dessert: Lemon Mousse Accompanied With Fresh Berries (Gluten Free)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- Juice from 2 large lemons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- fresh berries for garnish
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Add egg mixture to the melted coconut oil and whisk constantly until the texture is like pudding.
- Remove from stove and chill in refrigerator.
- Prepare whip cream:
- Whip the cream with the grated lemon zest until stiff peaks form.
- Remove pudding mixture from refrigerator and fold into whipping cream. Spoon into ramekins or tall glasses and garnish with seasonal berries.