Hello beautiful people. I hope you enjoyed your Thursday. Are you ready for the Featured Recipe Thursday winner?!
Featured Recipe Winner: Diana, Minnesota
I was surprised by the results of the votes. Diana took in 100 percent of the votes! Great job and please check out her recipe below.
Featured Recipe Thursday: Fried Haloumi With A Minty Touch: By Maria C ,Oregon
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 packets of Haloumi, drained and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh Greek oregano, chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 lemon, reserve juice
- Place flour on plate.
- Coat haloumi in flour, on each side.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook about 2-3 pieces of haloumi at a time.
- When brown on both sides, place haloumi on a paper towel to drain any excess olive oil.
- To serve, sprinkle fresh mint, oregano, and seasoning. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.
- Optional: Add fresh watermelon slices to go with this lovely mezes.