Hello from Kouzounas Kitchen!! On today’s post I will share a simple yet tasty lent recipe with you. I must say, I have been very creative the past few weeks with vegetable recipes, and this is one of my favorites by far.
Happy Spring to you all. 🌸🌸 I hope you enjoy our beautiful Spanish lavender.
Cabbage & Spinach Saute Recipe
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Black pepper/ Pink Himalayan salt
- Pinch dried mint
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 lemon, reserve the juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and saute the cabbage, and spinach until wilted.
- Add the garlic, and onion and continue to saute for a few minutes. Set aside in medium bowl.
- Whisk reserved olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and seasonings until combined. Pour over the cabbage and spinach. Serve with crumbled feta and toasted almonds over the top.