Happy American Easter to all who celebrate today!! We are waiting to celebrate Greek Easter which actually falls on May 1st this year. I have been fasting for over two weeks now, and have another whole month to go lol. My mouth was watering today, as I watched people at brunch enjoy the tasty bacon & eggs Benedict with Canadian ham. OH MY!!
What is your favorite all time Easter food? Please comment below.
For those who celebrated Greek Independence Day, you know I had to come up with a tasty “Greek” cake. I wanted to do something a bit different from the past years, so I tried out a vanilla cake, with a delicious ouzo buttercream frosting. Yes, I said ouzo, and yes its damn good. We had left over frosting, so I had the chance to make some yummy cupcakes too. Enjoy~
Ouzo Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 3 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon ouzo/ anise flavoring
- In a mixer bowl add the butter and whisk for 6 minutes. (Until light and fluffy.)
- Add the sugar, milk, vanilla, salt, and ouzo to the butter, and mix on low until combined.
- Increase speed until frosting becomes light and creamy.
- Frost cupcakes/ cake.
Perfect with Greek coffee!!
KALI OREXI – KOUZOUNAS KITCHEN