Taking A Vote..
Happy Tuesday evening to you all. I must apologize to everyone as I have been very very busy, and I haven’t had the time to post anything on Kouzounas Kitchen. I miss posting, and most importantly I miss sharing recipes.
In The News:
Kouzounas Kitchen has been slammed with croissant orders, and we are making a few new flavors. I need your honest opinion on a flavor. How about a sweet & spicy jalapeno filled croissant?? The combination of the sweet and spicy would be a great kick with a crispy, flaky croissant. What do you think? Please feel free to comment below.
Friends Of The Earth Lavender will be at the Auburn home and garden show this coming Friday, May 16-18. Please stop by my parents booth and say hi. Check out our all natural and organic aromatherapy lavender products.
I wanted to share this super awesome recipe adapted from Whole Foods. While I worked the Organic Girl booth, we were sharing a booth with Whole Foods, and I stumbled across this amazing recipe. Enjoy~
Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho Recipe
- 6 cups roughly chopped watermelon, seedless (divided)
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Put 5 1/2 cups watermelon, 2 1/2 cups tomatoes, shallot, cilantro, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Puree until combined and smooth.
- Pour puree into a fine mesh strainer and set over a large bowl.
- Press puree to extract as much soup as possible.
- Finely chop the remaining watermelon, tomatoes, and toss together.
- Chill soup until ready to serve.
- Garnish with chopped watermelon and tomato.