Banana & Vanilla Lava Cake On Friday’s Fabulous Party Menu
Happy beautiful Friday to you all!! On tonight’s menu there is a very special new dessert that I came up with and I hope you enjoy.
Friday’s Fabulous Party Menu
Appetizer: Kale Cranberry Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cups kale greens
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic, shallots, almonds, and olive oil.
- Saute for a few minutes until the shallots are translucent.
- In a large bowl add the kale, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Add the sauteed ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Main: Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1.5 pounds of chicken boneless, and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, adjust for medium or spicy flavor
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and lemon juice.
- Cook chicken for ten minutes or until done.
- Stir in the cumin, ginger, paprika, garlic, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- In a small bowl add cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream, gradually in the saucepan.
- Add the red pepper flakes.
- Bring mix to a boil, and serve over rice.
Dessert: Banana & Vanilla Lava Cake
- 2 bananas, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ground cinnamon
- toasted almonds
- Pre- made Angel Food Cake cups
- 2 Cups Vanilla Pastry Cream
- In a saucepan, drizzle the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Arrange banana slices in pan.
- Cook for two minutes or until brown.
- While bananas are cooking, whisk together honey and water and add water to pan.
- Turn off heat, and let the sauce caramelize.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and set aside.
- Prepare the vanilla pastry cream, and set aside.
- Place each angel food cake cup on a plate.
- Make a small cut out in the center of the cake.
- Pipe the vanilla pastry cream in the middle and then add the banana slices on top.
- Top with pastry cream and add toasted almonds on top.