How about to get this day started some cupcakes and music for everyone?
I really love this band and I always listen to them when I am in the kitchen.
Check them out on YouTube at the link below.
~Oreo Cupcake Recipe~
- 1/2 cup of butter- melted
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 3 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk
- 3/4 cups of butter- room temp
- 4 oz of cream cheese- room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 6 heaping tablespoons of milk
- 1/3 cups of crushed oreo cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 180 Celsius.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the cake ingredients except the oreos. Combine and mix well. Stir in the crushed oreos and mix.
Prepare the cupcake liners by filling them about 2/3 cups full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them.
To prepare the frosting, in a mixing bowl beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt and mix until creamy and smooth.
Add in the powdered sugar 4 tbsp of milk. Beat well and if they mixture is too thick, add in another tablespoon of milk. Stir in the oreos and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.