Featured Recipe Thursday: Greek Style Orange Marmalade
I remember my yiayia use to make really good marmelatha portokali, which translates to orange marmalade. We use to eat this by the spoonful or have it on toast in the mornings. I would like to share with you a super tasty recipe from New Mexico. Thank you very much to Anita P. for this yummy recipe.
Greek Style Orange Marmalade
- 2 Naval oranges
- 3 Lemons
- 1 Cup sugar
- Rinse off the oranges and lemons, and then in a medium size pot filled with water, boil for about an hour.
- Drain the water out, and remove the pit from the fruit.
- Place the fruit in a blender, and blend just until the fruit is very small in pieces.
- In a baking pan, add the fruit and sugar together, mix to combine and place in a 300 degree or 150 Celsius oven.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool before you chill in refrigerator.
- Add In: Great to add in chopped walnuts or almonds.
Kali Orexi & Happy Featured Recipe Thursday!