Yahoooo, the weekend is here!! 🙂 🙂
Party time… No not really, but there is an event I am doing tomorrow at the K Street Collective. Come by enjoy some great wine, great company, and try some pastries. I promise once you try the nutella filled croissant you will want more. 🙂
Crispy Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 5 oz red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons mint, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, washed
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to the pan, and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on a plate. Set aside.
- Add vegetables, onion, and seasonings to the pan.
- Stir fry for about 4 minutes, and add liquids.
- Bring to a boil , add chicken and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Prepare lettuce, and spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves.
Middle Eastern Rice
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Stir in seasonings and rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth and cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and serve.
5 Minute Amazing Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 4 cups frozen strawberri
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Process all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Process for 5 minutes or until creamy.
- Place mixture in a bowl, and freeze until ready to serve.