How about a healthy salad for dinner tonight?? This salad is very tasty and to top it off, toasted almonds. My family had some of this salad tonight, and loved it!
Quinoa Mint & Lime Salad
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed with water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dried roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 scallion, diced
- 2 limes juiced
- Salt & ground pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add quinoa and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until the quinoa is cooked, and liquid has absorbed. (14 minutes)
- Place quinoa in a bowl and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add chopped mint, oregano, cranberries, garlic, scallion, lime juice, and seasonings.
- Add cooled quinoa to the bowl, and mix to combine.
- To serve, add a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
*Pair this salad with fish or chicken.
Kali Orexi and enjoy!!