Weekend Dessert~ Creme Caramel
Happy weekend foodies! Weekends call for delicious sweets. Do you agree??
Enjoy from Kouzounas Kitchen to your kitchen. 🙂
Creme Caramel Recipe
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups of hot milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the caramel sauce.
- In a saucepan add the sugar, water, and maple syrup. Cook until golden brown in color.
- Divide the syrup into 6 ramekins. (Evenly distributed.) Allow the sauce to cool.
- Prepare custard. Heat the milk, then dissolve the sugar and vanilla extract into milk mixture.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and then quickly add the hot milk mixture to eggs while whisking. Pour mixture into 6 ramekins.
- Prepare a water bath making sure to lay down a towel in a large baking dish. Gently place ramekins in the dish, making sure the hot water reaches halfway up. Bake for 45 minutes or until the custard has set.
- Once the custard is set, remove from water bath.
- Let cool to room temperature before you chill. Custard is best once it chills for 24 hours. Invert the creme caramel, and serve with a dash of cinnamon over the top.