Sunday’s Lazy Brunch: Lemon Lavender Pancakes
How about some super tasty lemon lavender pancakes?! This past week my family and I have set up for our lavender booth at Apple Hill. I have been putting together some yummy lavender recipes and would love to share this one with you. Have a great Sunday evening. 🙂
Lemon Lavender Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1.5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. Rice milk infused with lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Organic maple syrup
In a small pot add rice milk and the lavender flowers over medium high heat. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Strain lavender flowers and set aside.
- In a small bowl Crack the egg. Add melted butter to the egg. Whisk to combine. Add the other wet ingredients to the mixture. (yogurt, buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon zest.)
- Sift the dry ingredients over parchment paper and then add to the wet mixture. Fold in dry ingredients to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the infused lavender rice milk.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Test out the batter by adding 1 heaping tablespoon of batter to the pan.
- Cook on each side until puppy and light brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh lemon juice.