Friday’s Fabulous Party Menu: Perfect For Bridal Parties, Birthday Celebrations & More
Excited to share this menu with you!
My sister is getting married in July and I am preparing a bridal shower menu for her. I have soo many great ideas going in my head, but some of them would be perfect to share with on Kouzounas Kitchen. 🙂
If you have an event you are hosting, and looking for a fun and elegant food menu, check out this great menu below.
Friday’s Fabulous Party Menu
Appetizer: Spring Fava Salad
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled
- 5 pounds baby spinach
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- In a large bowl, prepare a ice- water bath.
- Bring a large pot of water, with salt to a boil.
- Add fava beans, and cook until tender.
- Transfer beans to the ice-water bath, using a slotted spoon.
- Drain beans, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add spinach, mint,basil, carrot, onion, and feta.
- Toss to combine.
- Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to a small bowl and whisk.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Main: Spinach quiche (without the crust)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pack of chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or to 180 Celsius.
- Prepare a 9 inch pie pan and lightly grease the pan.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in spinach and seasonings, and cook until liquids are evaporated.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, yogurt, cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Add cooled spinach to the egg mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down before serving.
Dessert: Mini Vanilla Fruit Tarts
- 1 package of puff pastry thawed
- Seasonal berries of your choice (Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.)
- Jam of your choice
Vanilla Pastry Cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat egg yolks in medium bowl.
- Pour milk in a thin stream into the egg yolk mixture.
- Stir until well blended.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in large heavy saucepan.
- Gradually stir in a small amount of the milk mixture, making a paste.
- Then stir in remaining milk mixture, whisking to combine.
- Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Place plastic wrap over the top of the cream, to prevent skin from forming.
- Chill until mixture is cool.
Assemble Mini Tarts:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 Degrees or 190 Celsius.
- Remove dough from package, and cut each strip into 3 squares.
- Press dough into muffin tins, and if you need to roll the squares out, go ahead. ( I had to roll my squares out, to mold the puff pastry into the tins.)
- Line dough with foil, and fill with beans. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove foil and beans, and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- To assemble the tarts, simply add the pastry cream to a piping bag.
- Prepare the fruit. Slice fruit into thin slices, depending on what fruit you are using.
- Pipe pastry cream into the center of the puff pastry tarts.
- To get creative, you can add a dollop of nutella over the pastry cream.
- Arrange your fruit on top.
- If you like to use a glaze over your fruit, feel free to use any jam. Make sure to heat your jam in the microwave a few seconds, that way it will be easy to brush over the fruit.( I used an apricot jam.)
- Serve fresh, or chill for a few hours before serving.
*Have extra pastry cream, make a fruit parfait.
Happy Friday & Weekend!!
What a lovely set of recipes 🙂 you sister is very lucky xx
Thank you my friend. Yes I am actually doing much more, but those are just a few ideas. I added tiramisu, hummus, and Greek orzo salad to the list so far. 🙂
Your tarts are beautiful!!
Thank you Carrie. 🙂
Thank you very much. 🙂