It’s Italian night at my house. Lol not really but I got in the mood to mess around with gnocchi and I noticed that one of my favorite chefs had a perfect recipe for what I wanted to make. Giada De Laurentiis one of my favorite chefs, posted a wonderful recipe, and I re did it into my very own version.
Gnocchi Alla Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Olive Oil- Extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Dash of oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh Pecorino cheese
- 2 cups Fresh tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Prepare gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for two minutes.
- Add tomato sauce,vodka,vegetables, herbs, and seasonings.
- Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add gnocchi. Cook over medium high heat, stirring quite often.
- When the mixture has cooled down, whisk in the cream.
- Serve and top off with chopped parsley, and fresh cheese.