Time to spread the love of Greek food from my fellow foodistas. Meet Natalia. She blogs over at The Greek Glutton which has amazing mouth watering recipes. I must say every time I take a look at her recipes, my mouth is saying feed me! lol
All day today I will be sharing a few of my favorite Greek foodistas and to start will be THE GREEK GLUTTON.
Chicken Souvlaki Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce By The Greek Glutton
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, shopped
- Juice from half a lemon (save the other half for pouring over the cooked chicken)
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skewers
- Wax or parchment paper
- Soak your skewers in water. This prevents them from burning (or worse, setting on fire!) and changing the taste of your chicken
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Try to make them all similar sizes
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Place in the fridge and let marinate for 1 hour
- In the meantime, make your tzatziki and also place it in the fridge to “marinate”. This is really important because for some reason the sauce really changes taste the more you let the flavors work together, and it tastes way better the longer you let it sit.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Place your chicken on the skewers and place them a the wax/parchment lined cookie sheet
- Cook for about 8 minutes on each side
- Serve with a side of Greek salad
**Now its time to celebrate this dish with another that will be coming up in the next few hours. Stay tuned in for my next featured Greek foodie: Elena My Easy Gourmet food blog.
Have a beautiful day and I have some great news to share on Kouzounas Kitchen coming up!!