When You Aren’t In Greece: Make Your Own Vegetarian Gyro Pita
The perfect Greek lent recipe by far!! For those who are fasting, try out this recipe. I guarantee you will enjoy.
Happy cooking from Kouzounas Kitchen. 🙂
Greek Lingo: ΠΙΤΑ ΓΥΡΟ: Pita Gyro🙁 YEE-ro) Not hero, not Jiro, and please not a girooo. Simply Yee-ro. Bravo now you know how to say it correctly.
Vegetarian Gyro Pita Recipe Brought To You By Kouzounas Kitchen
- If you would like to make your own pita head over to this link and check out my recipe. >>> http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2014/06/24/traditional-pita-bread-recipe/ (1 pita bread for the recipe)
- 1 zucchini- thin slices.
- 1 large tomato- thin slices
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 1 Pinch oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Hummus Dip or Tzatiki Dip ( I made my own hummus. Follow the recipe here>> http://kouzounaskitchen.com/2014/04/16/preparing-for-greek-easter/
- 1 Lemon – Reserve the juice
- Saute the zucchini in a pan with light olive oil until the zuchinni is golden brown on each side. Set aside.
- Prepare the tomato, and dip.
- Prepare the pita bread. Spread the dip over the pita, and layer with tomato, zucchini slices, feta cheese, and lemon juice. Sprinkle oregano over the top. Carefully fold the pita together, and if you need to wrap in parchment paper.