Happy New Year!! Kalh Xronia Se Olous!!
Happy 2015 my friends! I would like to thank some food bloggers for giving me the opportunity to grow and succeed with Kouzounas Kitchen this past year, and with out these food bloggers I really don’t know what I would do. THANK YOU for your support and to give me the strength to keep on going. (Please make sure to check my fellow food bloggers blogs out below.)
Athina @ KickingBackThePebbles
Ekaterina @ EkaterinaBotziou
Panayiotis @ CyTasty
Elaine @ FoodBod
Kiki @ TheGreekVegan
Katina @ JourneysWithKatina
Gina @ FoodieWineLover
Angela, Pamela, Marleen, Kirsten, Marina, and many other great food bloggers!! Thank you for the support and love. Here is to New Year and a new group to come!!
Lets ring in the New Year with Vasilopita Cake!! Well actually I decided to make a different Vasilopita this year. This one has been the best from the prior years as it is super moist and full of flavor. (Almost tastes like a pound cake.) This year I dusted my cake with powdered sugar and topped it off with finely chopped toasted almonds. Oh and I must add this in, the key tip is Greek yogurt. 🙂
Yiaourtopita (Greek Yogurt Cake)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 cups Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 5 eggs separated
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder/ flavoring
- Toasted Almonds
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 180 Celsius
- Sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar till white and fluffy, adding eggs yolks one at a time, and add yogurt, lemon zest, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Beat egg whites into a meringue.
- Add the meringue to the flour mixture mixing gently but thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a greased and lined cake pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Dust with powdered sugar, and toasted almonds.
- Don’t forget to place the lucky coin wrapped in foil, in your cake batter. My dad took the lucky coin this year, and he deserves it. 🙂 May you all have a beautiful 2015!!
**Please make sure to check out #MadeWithChobani on Twitter and check out the fabulous recipes they have to offer.
Check out other great recipes on Chobani’s official website at>>>>>>> www.chobani.com