Happy 3 Years Kouzounas Kitchen
HAPPY THREE YEARS KOUZOUNAS KITCHEN
Yay today we celebrate Kouzounas Kitchen’s Three year anniversary!!! 💙💙
What a crazy ride it has been the past three years. I have met some amazing people that have really encouraged me to keep going with my passion as a chef, and now a author.
What I have learned through the years of blogging is never give up, keep working on achieving your goals, network with bloggers who are in a similar background as you, and most importantly have fun!
I would like to thanks some great friends who have really lifted my spirits and have stuck with me for the past years with the blogging world. Thank you to Athina, Pany, Ekaterina, Chef Stephanie, Gina, Diana, Miss H, Brandy, Nestor Z Photography, Effie, Stephen, my family, friends, and you for reading!!!
To celebrate I am sharing a brand new recipe with you all. It incorporates Metaxa, my favorite Greek liquor. So keep reading and check out this new recipe below. ⤵️⤵️
Strawberry Metaxa Buttercream Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cubes butter – room temp
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons Metaxa
- In a medium pot, add the strawberries, water, sugar, and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat, until the liquid becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a mixer, add the butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the confectioner sugar, Metaxa, and the strawberry purée. Beat until combined.
Chill frosting until ready to use. (Frosting will last up to 5 days.)
Vanilla Strawberry Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of vanilla
- Place oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In a large cake pan, preferably 8 inches, lightly grease the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time, and the mixture should be grainy. Add in the sugar. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and milk slowly to the mix.
(Make sure not to over beat, or your cake will be very dry.)
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool before you frost.
Thank you for all of the amazing support and love!! Can’t wait to share with you the next new exciting recipe!!