Healthier Caramel Sauce
Happy weekend my beautiful friends! Let’s kick start the weekend with a delicious, and healthier caramel sauce recipe. (This recipe is sugar free, vegan, Gluten Free, and paleo friendly.)
Healthier Caramel Sauce Recipe
Vegan- GF- Paleo- Sugar Free
- 1 cup coconut milk, I like to use Native Forest. (See photo below for organic coconut cream. )
- 4 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- Place all of your ingredients into a medium pan over medium high heat. Whisk together ingredients until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir until mixture comes to a boil. Once your caramel has turned to a golden brown color, and has thickened remove from heat.
- Let mixture come to room temperature before storing. Caramel will hold for up to 8 days or so.
Perfect sauce to pair with ice cream, coffee, baked goods, and pancakes.
Have a fabulous weekend!!