Sourdough Banana Bread
I love experimenting with my sourdough starter and now I know why people call their starter there baby! It is a true love to be able to make your starter from scratch and watching it grow.
I had some extra ripe bananas laying around and wanted to make a tasty sourdough banana bread. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did! Please check out the Greek olive oil company that I feature here! Theofanis extra virgin olive oil, local olive oil from Sacramento. I love to bake with olive oil and this is one to try.
Sourdough Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil –Theofanis olive oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla powder or extract
- 2 teaspoons of cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup of sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt plain
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Saigon cinnamon
- Oil two medium bread loaf pans and gently toss a little bit of all-purpose flour in the pans to prevent the bread from sticking.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas together and then add the oil, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix the sourdough starter and yogurt and then add to the banana mix and combine.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients then fold to combine.
- Divide the dough in both loaf pans making an even layer. Mix the organic sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
- Bake loafs on the middle rack of the oven for about 55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Banana and bread is an awesome combination…. Sometimes I cut the bananas to thin round pieces and stuff it inside the bread toast along with condensed milk…. For me, its heaven….!!!
Thank you so much! It really is a great combo. Oh what a good idea for next time. Thanks for sharing that sweets. xo