Lavender Lemonade & Lavender Simple Syrup
Lavender lemonade for the win on a hot Summers day!
Every Summer we wait for our beautiful lavender to bloom so we can harvest the crop, distill the oil, and then use the dried flowers in recipes, skin care products, and more!
I’m proud to say we are one of the first lavender farmers in Eldorado county. My father started years and years and years ago! He’s been a landscaper for almost 40 years and after planting lavender for a few customers he said he enjoyed the aroma so much that he wanted his own farm! So our beautiful company started when I was 16 years old.
Follow our page if you are a lavender lover!
Here’s a beautiful lavender lemonade recipe to try!
It involves 2 recipes in 1 but I promise it’s easy to make.
LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
- 1 cup of organic sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of dried lavender @friendsoftheearthlavender to purchase 💜💜
- 1 vanilla bean split in half, reserve the seeds
- Place water and sugar in a pot over medium heat.
- Once the sugar dissolves, remove from heat.
- Add lavender and vanilla.
- Let’s see for 30 minutes and strain the lavender. Place syrup in a sterilized mason jar. It lasts up to two weeks.
LAVENDER LEMONADE RECIPE
- 3 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 3/4 to 1 cup of lavender syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Fresh lavender sprigs for garnish
- Optional- Add fresh basil or mint for extra flavor
- In a large pitcher combine the simple syrup, water, and lemon juice. If you want to sweeten it more add more syrup.
- Taste test and see what you may need to adjust. (Lemon or syrup ratio.) You can add the fresh basil or mint to the pitcher for extra flavor. Serve with ice and a fresh sprig of