Mini Pizza Recipe
I am excited to share this delicious simple mini pizza dough recipe with you! In Italian these are called “”pizzelle” which means fried mini pizza. I love these especially when I am catering
The perfect little bites especially for New Year’s Eve!!
You can either fry them or bake them.
Mini Pizzelle- Mini Pizza’s
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of semolina flour
- 1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1.5 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
You can use any sauce you like but I prefer this tasty tomato basil sauce which is in my second cookbook- A Drop of Ladi & My Greek Soul.
Tomato Garlic & Basil Sauce Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch of fresh basil
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Smash three cloves of garlic, pick a bunch of basil and grate five really ripe tomatoes (seeds and all).
- Heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a big saucepan and saute the garlic. When it starts to brown slightly, remove it from the pan and drop in half of your basil. Saute that for 1 minute and add your tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer for 40 minutes on low heat and you’ll have a delicious sauce!
- Top sauce with remaining chopped basil.
- In a small bowl dissolve the yeast and honey in warm water.
- Wait until the mixture is light and bubbly. Pour the mixture in the mixer and add the flours in two increments. Then add the salt. Mix to combine.
- Knead the dough with the hook attachment for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough inside an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it double in bulk. (About 2 hours)
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and then roll the dough out in a rectangle. Make about 3-4 inch cut out rounds
- Place the pizzettes on a baking sheet lined with parchment and cover with a towel to let rise for about 20 minutes until double in bulk.
- Prepare your toppings. In this case, I did the following combinations. (See below)
- To bake: Prepare the pizzettes by adding your toppings. Bake at 400 degrees on pizza stone for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To fry: You can prepare them the same way but gather a large saucepan and fill with a few tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Place about 4 in the pan and fry until golden brown on each side. They should puff up really nicely.
- Feta- Kalamata- Marinara
- Canadian bacon- Peach Slices- Jalapeno Slices- Mozarella Cheese- Marinara
- Pepperoni- Mozarella Cheese- Marinara
You can do any combo your heart desires! I love to get creative with these mini pizzas. I hope you try this out and don’t forget to tag #kouzounaskitchen on Instagram.