Boozy Metaxa Brownies Recipe – Perfect For Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day Is Coming!
I am sharing a really tasty brownie recipe today! Although I am not a fan of using boxed ingredients, I did have a few bags of the Ghiradelli brownie mix left. I actually love Ghiradelli products and I thought why not add my own twist to their brownie mix with my Metaxa liqueur. Perfect for those chocolate lovers especially on Valentine’s day.
Boozy Metaxa Brownies Recipe
Makes: 13-16 brownies
- 1 box Ghiradelli triple chocolate brownie mix (Make sure you have all the ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons of Metaxa + 2 tablespoons in frosting (divided)
- 1 cup of peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- Half a vanilla bean, reserve seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Metaxa (more or less depending on the strength you want)
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar (more to make it sweeter)
- Pinch of fine sea salt
In a mixing bowl add the butter and peanut butter using the whisk attachment. Combine until creamy and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, Metaxa, vanilla bean, and salt. Mix until light and creamy. Frost the brownies once cool.
Prepare brownies by following the instructions for the brownie box.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare the baking pan and lightly grease.
- Place the water, oil, eggs, and Metaxa in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine, and until fluffy.
- Add brownie mix and stir well until combined. Place mixture in a pan evenly. Bake as directed on box.
- Once the brownie is baked, remove it from the oven and let cool. Make the frosting while the brownie is cooking.
- I substituted olive oil for vegetable oil. So that would be 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- If you don’t have Metaxa, you can use brandy.
- You can serve the brownies with toasted walnuts.
- You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time and frost the brownies the day you serve them.
- I only cook my brownies until they are still slightly soft in the center because I want them crispy on the outside but soft inside.