Breakfast Burrito Recipe
I absolutely love making breakfast burritos. You can add any ingredients and get creative.
These jalapenos are from our garden in October, and I have been meaning to share this recipe for a long time.
What is inside my breakfast burrito? I love my salsa, so definitely homemade salsa, country-style potatoes with Greek oregano, the fluffiest eggs, crispy bacon, and of course we melt mozzarella or Havarti cheese inside the tortilla. (The cheese & avocado are missing from the photo)
- Crispy bacon
- Scrambled eggs
- Country style potatoes
- Flour tortillas (4-5)
- Salsa & sour cream
- Cheese (Havarti or mozarella)
Let’s start off with the potatoes. Then we will build the burrito.
Countryside Potatoes Recipe (Prepare potatoes first)
- 5 medium potatoes peeled
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Greek oregano
- Optional Saute bell peppers and mushrooms for a lovely burst of flavors
- Prepare the potatoes by cutting them into small cubes. Once they are all ready to go, heat a skillet over medium heat and drizzle olive oil inside.
- When the pan is warm add the potatoes. Cook the potatoes on both sides until golden brown and crispy. This may take between 25- 30 minutes depending on your stovetop. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Set aside until you are ready to build your burrito.
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs Recipe (Prepare eggs second)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Optional: Oregano or basil to serve
- Place the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium-size pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the eggs to the pan and let cool slightly and with a spatula gently turn the eggs towards the center of the pan. Repeat so the eggs are scrambled. I only cook my eggs for maybe a minute or so then remove them from the heat. (Keep in mind I have a gas stove so the heat is strong.)
- Serve eggs with a sprinkle of oregano or basil.
Now for the fun part! Get your tortillas heated up a bit in the skillet, melt some cheese on the bottom. Then begin to layer with your potatoes, eggs, salsa, crispy bacon, avocado slices, or perhaps some sour cream.
Once you have all the fillings inside, begin to wrap your burrito. From the base wrap both corners inward then fold up into a roll.
You can use any salsa you like but I really love a kick of heat. I make a tomato jalapeno salsa and then add it to the base of the tortilla and the top. It’s up to you which way you want to go.