I had a dream last night that my yiayia was making this, and I remembered the aroma and flavors of “tourlou”.
I wanted to share this lovely recipe with you. This is a great vegetarian recipe and for you vegetarians out there, you will enjoy this.
It’s almost like Ratatouille, but Greek style. 🙂
Yiayia’s Tourlou Recipe
1 white onion
1 bunch of parsley
2 bell peppers
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt & ground pepper
crumbled feta cheese
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup of wine sauce
1 garlic minced
1 bunch of basil
1. Preheat the oven to 430 degrees or 220 celsius.
2. Wash all of the vegetables and cut them into medium size chunks.
3. Boil the potatoes for about 5 minutes, and reserve some of the water.
4. Place all of the vegetables in a large tray.
5. Place the tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender, and mix until combined. Add in the wine, olive oil and water. Whisk to combined.
6. Mix the sauce with the vegetables, and place in the oven. Bake for about 1 hour or until brown and ready.
7. Crumble the feta on top once the vegetables are ready, and serve.
* Try a nice shot of ouzo or red wine with this.
* Kali orexi!