Yummy and simple dessert!
Happy Friday all!! Looking for a yummy yet easy recipe to make? This one is for you!!
Olive Oil Cake Recipe-
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups of sugar
- 12 ounces of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring
- 2 ounces of orange liquor or lemon liquor
- 2 ounces of fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 2 cups of A.P. flour
- 1/ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 ounces of blanched almonds
- for the top- powdered sugar & ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 Celsius. Prepare a 10 inch cake pan, and butter it.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, olive oil, milk, liqueur, vanilla, orange juice, and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in the almonds and combine.
- Place the batter into the cake pan, and bake for about 1 hour or until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wired rack. Transfer to a plate once cooled, and then top with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Kali Orexi!! Yummy, yummy!!