It’s the first of the month! Aww yes, November is here. So is Friday Menu!!!
This menu is full of great flavors, and easy to make! Surprise your loved ones with this great menu.
Julienne Carrots with a Garlic & Lemon Sauce (Appetizer)
- 1 carrot- peeled and cut lengthwise- julienne
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- a pinch of sea salt
- a dash of cracked pepper
- a pinch of fresh basil
- Place carrots in a saucepan of boiling water with salt.
- Drain the carrots, and place into an ice bath.
- Drain the carrots, and set aside.
To make the dressing:
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and basil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the carrots into the bowl, and toss.
Pan Fried Chicken With A Butter Sauce (Main)
- 4 chicken breasts prepared
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 2 tsp of honey
- dash of oregano
- salt & pepper
- Prepare the chicken by trimming down the fat, if any.
- Dry the chicken with a towel, and add a bit of salt and pepper to each side.
- Heat a heavy saucepan, and place over medium heat.
- Add in the 2 tablespoons of butter, and make sure to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken breasts to the saucepan, and pan sear each side.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate.
To make the pan sauce:
- Add the olive oil over medium heat, then add in the white wine, honey, and seasonings.
- Let the sauce cook for about 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Add the sauce to the chicken, and top it off with a sprig of thyme and fresh lemon juice.
Pumpkin Roll (Dessert)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2/3 cups of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 6 ounces of cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- Prepare a pan, 15 inches * 1 inch baking pan with wax paper.
- Coat the paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in the sugar and beat for about 2 minutes or until the eggs form a ribbon like mixture.
- Add in the pumpkin and extract. Beat for another minute.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nut meg, and salt.
- Fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and evenly spread it out with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees or 190 Celsius.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or the cake springs back.
- Place the cake onto a kitchen towel, dusted with a bit of confectioners sugar.
- Roll the cake up in a jelly roll.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
To make the filling:
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla ,and the rest of the confectioners sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- When the cake has cooled, unroll the cake, and spread the filling evenly into the center of the cake.
- Roll up the cake once again, and chill for about 1 hour.