Three different recipes, all for your weekend plans.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!
I love butternut squash so I wanted to share this excellent appetizer with you.
Butternut Squash with arugula greens. (Appetizer)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cups chopped and peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of toasted pecans
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of orange juice (fresh)
- 2 tsp of grated ginger
- salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- In a large bowl, add the butternut squash, cheese, greens and pecans.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and then add the dressing to the salad bowl and combine.
Pan Seared Scallops with a garlic & honey sauce (Main)
- 2 pounds of large sea scallops- (rinsed and drained.)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 shallot- chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees or 200 Celsius. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Season the scallops with seasoning and place scallops into the baking dish.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil over the scallops.
- Bake the scallops for about 15 minutes or until the scallops have turned opaque.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, lemon juice, honey, shallots, and garlic. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens and the shallots begin to soften.
- Remove the scallops from the oven, and add the scallops into the saucepan. Cook for another 10 minutes until the sauce has formed a glaze over the scallops.
Lemon Gelato Ice Cream –
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Combine the milk, sugar, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and let mixture to sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a strainer. Place mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream.
- Slowly whisk the warm milk into the egg and cream mixture. Return the mixture back to the saucepan.
- Place the mixture over medium low heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into medium size bowl and cover and chill for about 5 hours.
- Stir in the lemon juice to the gelato mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
I loveeee this gelato!! Enjoy this menu and happy weekend!!
- Butternut Squash Soup (lymieeatingcoconut.wordpress.com)
- Dinner For Two: Scallop Stir-Fry (gaytwogether.typepad.com)
- Harvest Salad (twinswithoriginality.com)
Leave a Reply