I dedicate this Friday Menu to all the vegetarians out there. 🙂
Greek Bruschetta Recipe (Appetizer)
- sourdough or ciabatta rolls- ( I used 8 open ciabatta rolls)
- 1 tablespoon of the gaea olive tapenade
- a bunch of fresh basil
- a bunch of fresh mint
- 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes 0r fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tsp of Gaea extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- * Parmesan cheese for the topping
- In a blender, blend mint, basil, tomatoes, garlic, and place on blend. Mix thoroughly.
- While blending, get a baking sheet, and cut the rolls in half, and place a sprinkle of olive oil on each roll.
- Then place your bread in the oven on 475 or broil. Just make sure to watch your oven if it is placed on broil.
- Next, get a medium bowl and mix the olive tapenade and the rest of your ingredients from the blender, and mix.
- Make sure to brown the rolls for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the rolls and add the olive tapenade and tomato mix onto the bread.
- Spread the mix evenly and sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese and cracked pepper to the top.
Penne Pasta With Lemon & Toasted Pecans Recipe (Main)
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tsp of grated lemon zest
- 1 clove of garlic- minced
- 1 pound of penne pasta/ or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup of parsley- chopped
- salt & pepper for taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 180 Celsius.
2. Toast the pecans on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop the pecans.
3. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
4. Drain the pasta and add pasta to cheese mixture.
5. Toss to combine all ingredients.
6. Stir in the parsley, pecans, and seasoning.
*I saved the best recipe for last! How about a chocolate mousse recipe ready in minutes.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe (Dessert)
- 300 grams of dark chocolate- roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of good cocoa powder- I use Ghiradelli
- 1 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir the chocolate until melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and whisk for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk until mixture has doubled in volume.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate, and add cocoa powder, and combine.
- Next, in a separate bowl, and whip cream. Do not over mix.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 serving glasses.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and half.
- When ready to serve, top it off with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.