~Salted Caramel Sauce For The Holidays~
Happy Tuesday everyone!!
Last night I was up until 3 am cooking and baking. I wanted to take a break from the magazine for a bit and make some holiday treats. While I was baking I thought to myself why not make a salted caramel sauce?!
This recipe goes with practically everything.
- Dip your favorite fruit in this sauce
- Drizzle this sauce over muffins, cakes, and candy
- Add this sauce to your favorite beverages
- Make a mean salted caramel brownie
Salted caramel sauce recipe
- 1 cup of Demerara sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
First off what is Demerara sugar??
Demerara sugar is an unrefined, large crystal that gives this recipe an outstanding flavor. I have been using this sugar in the past month and love it!
- 1. Add the demerara sugar into a saucepan.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water to the saucepan.
- Stir the sugar and water together over low heat until all the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- This will take longer than white granulated sugar. Stir for about 10 minutes.
- When the sugar has dissolved turn the heat up and stir slightly, over medium heat.
- When the mixture begins to boil, stop stirring.
- Let the mixture boil for about 5 minutes. (The mixture will boil and become foamy, this i good.)
- Pour the heavy cream in and whisk the mixture together.
- Add in the butter and the sea salt and whisk together.
- Pour into glass jars and store covered into a refrigerator.
(Caramel Sauce will last for about 1 week.)
Like Kouzounas Kitchen On:
Follow On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KouzounasKitchen
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/KouzounasKitche
Follow On Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/kouzounaskitche
Follow On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KouzounasKitchen