Looking for something light and healthy to eat today. Try this recipe out. Super easy and good to eat.
Marinated Tomato & Herb Salad Recipe
2 Large Tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch of fresh chopped basil
1 bunch of fresh chopped oregano
2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar (a strong vinegar)
1 tablespoon of olive oil (extra virgin)
sea salt & ground pepper
2 tsp of sugar
* 1 garlic clove minced- optional
Arrange the tomatoes on a platter, overlapping them if you choose. In a medium size bowl add the vinegar, sugar, garlic,herbs and lemon juice. Whisk together and add in the salt and pepper. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes.
* I used Gaea’s Balsamic Thyme & Honey
- Cool as a Cucumber: An Easy Russian Salad (jgousseva.wordpress.com)
- How to cook burnt tomatoes and shallots on toast (metro.co.uk)
- Kelly’s quinoa salad (omamas.com)