Fun Greek Facts!
Here are some fun Greek food facts below.
Did You Know???
- Phyllo dough is named after the greek word for “leaf”, being “as thin as a leaf”.
- A few well known cheeses in Greece are: Feta, Kasseri, Kefalotyri, Graveiera, Anthotyros, Ladotyri, Anevato, Batzos, Mizithra, Metsovone.
- A Greek, Archestratus, is thought to have written the first cookbook in 350 B.C.
- Greeks are not known for eating big breakfasts. Typical breakfast foods include bread, cheese, fresh fruit and, coffee. In many areas of Greece, the main meal of the day is eaten at around 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon.
- A traditional offering for guests in Greece is glyko , a thick jam made with fruit or a vegetable such as tomato or eggplant. It is served with ice water and coffee.
- Greek frappé was invented in 1957 at the International Trade Fair in Thessaloniki.
Thanks for checking out my post. 🙂
Why thank you!! 🙂 🙂
🙂 Guess what arrived??? 🙂 I have to tell you something about it though, that I am mad about.
That sounds ominous…
Yes, but I want to pull my hair out after I found out the website is wrong. Oh mann.