Saturday’s Food For Thought
Spinach is Saturday’s Food For Thought.
I thought I would include one of my super favorite vegetables in tonight’s post. Spinach is such a versatile vegetable and it provides many nutrients. Read below for some great benefits of spinach.
Benefits Of Spinach
- Cooking spinach actually increases its health benefits! Yes this is true. Eating 1/2 a cup of cooked spinach will give you twice as much nutrients vs 1 cup of raw spinach. (The reason being, the body can not break down the ingredients while eating raw spinach.)
- Taking spinach in juice form is the healthiest way to consume it. This is why you need to try my healthy smoothie drink. https://kouzounaskitchen.com/2014/02/15/food-challenges/
- It’s best to eat spinach fresh, and try to pick organic spinach at the grocery store. (Reason for this is, they pack spinach with pesticides.)
- Did you know spinach helps flush out toxins out of your body?!
- Spinach has an abundance of vitamins and minerals that help your skin come back to life. Eating spinach on a regular basis has proven to help improve skin health dramatically.
Hope you enjoyed this post!