Saturday’s Food For Thought
Spinach is Saturday’s Food For Thought.
I thought I would include one of my super favorite vegetables in tonight’s post. Spinach is such a versatile vegetable and it provides many nutrients. Read below for some great benefits of spinach.
Benefits Of Spinach
- Cooking spinach actually increases its health benefits! Yes this is true. Eating 1/2 a cup of cooked spinach will give you twice as much nutrients vs 1 cup of raw spinach. (The reason being, the body can not break down the ingredients while eating raw spinach.)
- Taking spinach in juice form is the healthiest way to consume it. This is why you need to try my healthy smoothie drink. https://kouzounaskitchen.com/2014/02/15/food-challenges/
- It’s best to eat spinach fresh, and try to pick organic spinach at the grocery store. (Reason for this is, they pack spinach with pesticides.)
- Did you know spinach helps flush out toxins out of your body?!
- Spinach has an abundance of vitamins and minerals that help your skin come back to life. Eating spinach on a regular basis has proven to help improve skin health dramatically.
Hope you enjoyed this post!
We love spinach here. It self-sows into a baby spinach lawn, and then a full-on forest as it matures. Thanks for your info.
Yes spinach is super beneficial. 🙂 You are most welcome.
Reblogged this on Kouzounas Kitchen and commented:
Happy Father’s Day!! 🙂
I’m one of those who always loved spinach, but I like it more when I can have baby spinach leaves on my salad.
Hi Russel. Thank you for stopping by. Yes, I would have to agree with you as well, I love spinach salad. 🙂
I think spinach and kale are my favorite greens right now.
Yes me as well!! 🙂
Nice info my friend!!!
Thank you much my friend. 🙂
Awesome post! My mom loves keeping a big container of organic spinach in the fridge at all times.
Hi, thank you very much for enjoying my post. You’re mom is very smart. 🙂 🙂
So interesting! Thank you x
Good Morning!! Thank you, and this is one of my top fav super foods. I think you would enjoy the healthy smoothie I made today. 🙂